Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Licking My Wounds. Working on Becoming A Better Player

I was shocked when I did not make the cut at the second stage of PGA Q-School. It hurt badly. I felt well-prepared. I knew I was a better player than last year. After a good start at the first stage, I expected to keep the momentum going.

But, old habits like hooking the ball off the tee a couple of times, cost me. I must have let down my guard on my routine. Let old thoughts creep in. Maybe got too confident. It’s a bit of a mystery. So, it will take some sorting out to identify what went wrong. It’s clear to me I still have much more work to do to be that great player I feel I am.

Fortunately, I have some tournaments in December to keep me busy and focused. I have joined the Gateway Tour again for the 2009 winter series. It has a new competition in December. The player who comes first receives a fully paid for winter series. That should be fun.

I’m working on logistics to go to the Canadian Tour December event in Costa Rica. If I finish well, my status will be at a higher level for my 2009 Can Tour start.

I’m looking to 2009 to sharpen my game and rack up some achievements. I want to prove to myself that I am really becoming a better player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home