Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Moments to Remember: The RBC Open Qualifier

My collection of “Oh, no!” tree stories is getting deep. Take the Monday-qualifier for the RBC Canadian Open qualifier at The Bond Head golf course. With 150 or so players shooting for four places, qualifiers are always a long shot. Well worth it though for the experience and the chance.

At hole 17, I was minus one. Unfortunately, the birdies weren’t coming easily over the whole round. But, I knew I needed a birdie to battle with a few others for fourth place. An eagle would be sweet sealing the deal. Trouble was that some trees were in the way. I had to shoot over them to give myself a chance. My ball just skimmed the top of one of the trees. Dropped straight down and bounced into the rough.

Plan B: lay up and chip it in. Which I did but the ball lipped out.

Oh, so close.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
You can do exactly what you are 1000 percent convinced you can do.
Would have been great to see you in the RBC.
Add stability in legs and keep those drives down the middle you have lots of length.
Go make it happen you have the game to play the big tour.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home