Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Scheduling Headaches

I thought it was hard trying to keep my amateur schedule straight—making sure that dates don’t overlap and getting my applications in on time. With being on a developmental tour, it’s a bit hit and miss as to what fits with a PGA Tour. I’m also learning things I didn’t know I’d be faced with.

Take Q-School. I thought I had it all figured out. Finish with the Grey Goose Gateway Tour in September and early October. Go to the first stage of Q-School in late October.

No! There’s a pre-qualifying stage in late September that clashes with the last GGGT tournament and the Championship in Arizona! Because I haven’t played on a PGA Tour this year, I have to do the pre-qualifying stage. Maybe if I had tuned into that earlier, I would have planned differently!

I’m hoping to keep the championship date by getting into a Q-School location in California.

These things usually work out somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home