Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Oh So Close

We headed out in two separate cars to Athens, Georgia, me and J.C. Map Quest said it would take a little over 9 hours from Jupiter Florida. When we finally arrived, it was 12 hours and counting. J.C. had a flat tire about half-way there. But he had no AAA coverage. My Mum’s been a member of CAA since she was my age, so my membership through her sure came in handy!

We decided to take two cars for a couple of reasons. First, our tee times for the qualifier were at different times and at different courses, one hour’s drive apart. Second, if one of us qualified for one of the top spots and the other didn’t, then, what would we do? We’re both scheduled to play in the next Gateway Tour for April 19. So, one of us at least would have to high tail it back to Florida.

As it turned out, both of us missed the cut. I had a 71 when the cut was 69. Oh, so close! But, I felt good about my game. I am now all revved up for the next Gateway Tour.

It was a great experience to try out for a Nationwide event. One day soon, I’ll qualify.

Next is to try for a spot in the U.S Open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home