Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Good Start for 2007

I played decent today in my first tournament for the year. On the plus side, my putting is better. But, my shots off the tee are still not consistent enough.

Over the holiday break, I learned that I had two problems with my putting---acceleration and timing. After hitting the ball, I was not letting go but pushing more. On timing, for the total putt, I was taking way too long on my back swing. I learned this from my new putting coach who has some great machines that give you brutal feedback.

He compared my putting to Tiger’s. Based on time to release, I was still on my back swing when Tiger had finished both the back and the front swing.

It’s been interesting. I am working on slowing down my follow through and speeding up my back swing.

I could feel the difference these last three days. It’s helping me on distance control where speed is more of a factor in accuracy to the hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home