Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Q-School

Down here in Florida working very hard on my game. I've been making some changes, some have to do with my golf swing but more of it is about how I practice. I never used to be one who would videotape my swing much but ever since I've gotten an iphone I've been using the iswing app on it and I think its helping me a lot while I practice. It just gives me great feedback on whether I'm doing what I think I'm doing. The only tournament of the year that really matters to me these days is q-school. This will be my 6th time, seems kinda crazy but I feel good about this year. If I can control and change the things I've been working on I feel like I can get right through and get my PGA tour card. Golf is like the ultimate slap in the face everyday, the ball never lies and when you sign your scorecard at the end of the day all that matters is the number you put up. I love it.

You know they say that q-school is one of the most pressure packed things a person can do. I've been to 2nd stage 4 times and haven't gotten through. Although that is very disappointing and I'd be lying if I didn't feel the pressure, but to be honest I absolutely love the pressure. The more pressure I feel the more I feel alive. That's why I can't wait for q-school this year. Bring it on, I'm ready!

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg Heller said...

Congrats on making it through the first stage. Good luck in stage 2 and make Trafalgar proud!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Robert Teixeira said...

Great job Pete on 1st stage!!! We'll keep watching your progress!!! Take care, Robert & Teixeira family, Bowling Green, Kentucky

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home