Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Preparing for PGA Q-School

I’ve had a couple of great experiences at Nationwide Monday qualifiers. They are helping me to keep my game sharp in preparation for PGA Q-School.

In one instance, I was well on my way to making the cut when a butterfly started swirling around my head. Just as I swung, it landed on my ball. If I’d been Tiger, I would have stopped my swing. Now I know better as my ball went out of bounds.

In the other qualifier, I missed three putts inside of four feet, something I almost never do. That was a wake-up call never to neglect in practice what I am good at.

I’ve been focused on my long game a lot. It’s coming around. I’m feeling good about it. But, I sure know now that, in a pinch, it’s my short game that has saved me in the past and will in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home