Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Picking Fewer Fights With Reality

I’m back in Canada at the Jane Rogers Championship competing with many fellow Canadians. It’s like my amateur days during the summers.

Even though the stakes are higher, James Lepp, Andrew Parr and my other Canadian buddies enjoy hanging out, shooting the breeze. For example, a couple of days before the tournament, Lepp and I caught up while we played soccer in a field near Square One, one of Mississauga’s big plazas. It was more fun to do our aerobics that way than running.

On my golf, I’ve been doing my usual “pulling rabbits out of a hat”. I had a good first round but couldn’t find any birdies. The second and third rounds have been wild roller coaster rides.

I thought I had made peace with myself a couple of weeks ago. Just letting go and accepting where I’m at. But, still keeping in my mind where I want to be. I guess this latest mental goal is no different than the technical ones. It takes a lot of practice before things settle in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home