Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Milestone: First Stage of PGA Q-School

After two days of rain delays in Palm City Florida, we crammed four days into three for the first stage of PGA Q-School. I’m tired but happy. Made it through!

It’s been a long time since I hit minus thirteen in a competitive tournament. It feels good.

I hit the ball solid. Hit a lot of greens. More confident in my ball striking. Made sure I kept my head straight when it was tough out there.

I must work hard in preparation for the second stage. I have a long way to go. Lots of golf to play.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike_S said...

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on making.., heck more than just "making" it to the second stage, shooting the 5th best score in your field is awesome !

And I see you made 18 birdies and an eagle during the week! .. (How did you manage the eagle on the par 4?)

I also saw that you played in the event that was held at LakeView in Mississauga. I'm in Toronto, and I used to play there all the time, but haven't been there for a few years.

I know how golf goes, but I'm a bit surprised that you only shot even par for four rounds at Lakeview, but -13 in a Q-School event !

Lakeview is usually a pretty easy course, but I imagine it was toughened up as much as possible for you guys.

How was Lakeview setup? Fast greens? rough?

I wish I had known about the event, I would have loved to see you guys out there.

And how did the Martin Downs course play?

Mike
http://greenposse.com

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home