Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food Poisoning Stops My Momentum

I’ve been working on “owning my swing” with a nearby coach. Five minutes down the road. Getting feedback weekly helps me correct fast. It’s great.

So, I’m all enthusiastic because I’m seeing some results. I really had something going last week. The greens were tough, scores were shooting up, but somehow I found some breaks. Placed well on the leaderboard.

Then, boom! I started throwing up, etc. Constantly for hours. Even when things were bad, my mind was telling me I’d be OK for the next day. I will get over this. It will stop soon.

Anyway, I got so weak and dehydrated I ended up in hospital over night. Need three liters of IV fluids.

Turns out another guy and me from the Gateway Tour had eaten the same food together near the golf course. He ended up in hospital too. You guessed it—we did not play golf the next day!

One week later, I’m still weak. Lost six pounds. Should have sold my spot instead of trying to play.

One silver lining. I learned what to eat and not eat when your gut is in bad shape. Also found out that probiotics (in tablets or yogourt) have friendly bacteria to help the gut heal. Ya learn something all the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home