Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thinking Too Much? Do the Oppostie

I sometimes look back to my amateur years as a time when I did not think too much. I just hit the ball and got the job done. Kinda an innocent time. Just a part-time “job”. There was a lot I really didn’t know or think about.

Now as a pro, “thinking too much” seems to be creeping in. Too much left-brain analyzing. Not enough right brain. The imaging and “feel” part of the game. My coaches are working with me on building up---maybe re-building--- the imaging side.

Interesting thing I have learned. The brain doesn’t know how to stop something, like thinking too much. But it can start or build more of a habit. That will cause the “bad habit” to shrivel---lack of use.

Simple idea. Hard to put into practice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home