Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Refueling

St. Patrick’s Day reminds me of luck, fun, good fortune and taking time out for the mind and spirit. This past week I’ve been working on the spirit. I needed to refuel for the next round of tournaments. There’s no luck or good fortune in golf without taking time out.

It also reminds me of my own background. I’ve got a little bit of Irish in me on my maternal grandmother’s side. My great-grandmother, Margaret O’Donnell was one of 17 children. When she was just seventeen, she came to Canada from Liverpool, England to start a new life. She had guts and the strength of character to hang in. Thanks to her, I’m here following in her footsteps. She didn’t do golf but she’s an inspiration.

This past week, I returned to my great-grandmother’s adopted city, Toronto, to see my family, friends and coach, Steve Chapman. It was short, yet enough to get me going again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete,

Just noticed your opening two rounds of the first Spring Series Event. Great playing! Good luck tomorrow!

Kevin Kotyk
former Kent State Teamate

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home