Peter Laws | Notes from the Links

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feeling More Natural

Until recently, spraying shots off into the bushes on a regular basis has made me long for the “good old days”. When I was an amateur, things seemed more natural, smooth and predictable. Now, I am back to that.

Part of the problem was that I just plain started to think too much. I realize now that it had a lot to do with not being in a coaching environment where I could get a lot of feedback----when I needed it and often.

My amateur days at Kent State and during the summers with RCGA were filled with lots of “tough love”. I lapped it up. But left on my own since---long gaps in seeing my coaches---I have tried to patch things up in my golf game. It’s been me talking to me too much!

Anyway, I am getting more frequent feedback now. It’s exactly what I need. I’m thinking less and feeling things more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home